Labels

September 12, 2011

Fair Food


 Today I'm thankful for: #1- The chance to make a little extra money. Raegan needed a substitute for a week and I happily volunteered to teach her class to earn some extra money. They're a great little class and I'm excited to get to know them better. Third grade is definitely different than 6th. It has it's challenges that is for sure and I can't quite decide if I could really ever teach things like telling time instead of solving equations.

#2- Checking another one off the list. I'm loving this roommate list for the fall. On our list was eat fair food. We headed over to the fair for our own little Home Evening. We began with viewing the butter sculpture. Way crazy that it's all made of butter. I'm not even going to think about how much butter that is! Then we scoped out all our food options before making our selection.


Kerri was way excited about her corn dog. Something about a hot dog on a stick that is so delicious! Kerri also tried fried pickles. She let me have a bite of one and I must say they weren't half bad.


I saw these and new they were for me. They're tatar twisters. Fried potato goodness. I liked that they were thinly sliced so that they were a little crispy. I also ate a corn dog. I know a very nutritious meal. But we were checking off an item of a list. 


We ran into Haley and Brandon at the fair. It was wonderful to see her we should get together more often. 


I've got the starting of a cold so a frozen lemonade sounded so good. It wasn't so good. I just wasn't impressed - it was crushed ice with a little lemonade. I wanted it to be more of a slushie. I also found the glass ridiculous. As we left a lady saw me with it and said she thought it was so cool. I still had some ice I was eating or I would have given it to her. Just give me my drink in a paper cup so it doesn't cost so stinking much! I came home and threw it away. I won't being getting one the next time I'm at the fair.


And of course we had to end the evening with an Elephant ear. We had walked around and saw almost all the animals and decided to end the experience with a fried dessert. 


Kerri and Deeds with their ear. (Deeds is Kerri's brother who came with us on our adventure.) I don't know what we were thinking the four of us could have shared one. Not quite elephant size but close enough! The amount of grease we all consumed was a bit sickening. Good thing the fair is only once a year and I'll probably not go back for another 5 years. Or at least I won't be having dinner there.



And here's Preston. Somehow he slipped out of all my pictures (might have to do with he didn't eat too much fried food. Good choice on his part.) But I couldn't not document him on our adventure so I took this great picture of him and Kerri. Oh he makes me laugh!

#3- Medicine. Like I said I'm not feeling all that great so I came home took some Nyquil so I could enjoy a great nights sleep. I'm so thankful I live in an age where medicine can aide me to feel better quicker. I am truly blest.  

No comments:

Post a Comment