Today I'm thankful for much more than just three things. #1 - A change. I chopped all my hair off and I'm excited to have it short for the summer. I had to keep telling Emily that I wanted it a bit short. Funny - I never worry about it being too short. I'm always concerned that it won't be short enough. #2- Coloring with Jackson and Carson. I stopped by Michelle's house after my hair appointment. She was busy with something and Jackson let me in. He opened the door and said, "OLIVIA!" followed by a big hug. I love that little guy! Then I gave the boys and Grace a chocolate chip cookie to eat - it was 11:00 a.m. (I'm thankful Michelle doesn't get upset with me when I give her kids junk food before lunch.) Jackson had been coloring at the kitchen counter and he wanted me to help him. Carson quickly found his pirate coloring book and joined us. We colored and talked for at least a half hour. Carson sang pirate songs and I had a great time with these sweet little guys. Then Michelle surfaced from the basement. She was holding a paint brush and said, "I thought you'd come find me. You didn't so I kept painting." I said, "I figured you'd come find me when you'd finished whatever you were doing." We then decided to take a picnic lunch to the park. My favorite part of lunch was the ginormous dog that visited us and didn't have an owner with it. It was so nice to visit with my dear friend. #3- A hike up Ensign Peak with Brett, Kerri, and Kerri's friend Adam. It was lovely. The day was so nice compared to the last few weeks. It's pretty cool to be able to see the whole valley. #4- A three mile run. Kerri said to me yesterday, "I craved running for the first time in my life!" It's weird but true we love our runs something I thought I'd never say. I still hate the first mile but once I get going I do enjoy myself. #5- Dinner with Preston at EDO's in the mall. It is Japanese food and was quite delicious. #6- Warm chocolate chip cookies with ice cream while we watched the American Idol Finale. I'm not so into watching American Idol but it became a social thing and I guess I enjoy the social part of getting with friends to watch it and talk about it.
Labels
May 25, 2011
Ensign Peak
Today I'm thankful for much more than just three things. #1 - A change. I chopped all my hair off and I'm excited to have it short for the summer. I had to keep telling Emily that I wanted it a bit short. Funny - I never worry about it being too short. I'm always concerned that it won't be short enough. #2- Coloring with Jackson and Carson. I stopped by Michelle's house after my hair appointment. She was busy with something and Jackson let me in. He opened the door and said, "OLIVIA!" followed by a big hug. I love that little guy! Then I gave the boys and Grace a chocolate chip cookie to eat - it was 11:00 a.m. (I'm thankful Michelle doesn't get upset with me when I give her kids junk food before lunch.) Jackson had been coloring at the kitchen counter and he wanted me to help him. Carson quickly found his pirate coloring book and joined us. We colored and talked for at least a half hour. Carson sang pirate songs and I had a great time with these sweet little guys. Then Michelle surfaced from the basement. She was holding a paint brush and said, "I thought you'd come find me. You didn't so I kept painting." I said, "I figured you'd come find me when you'd finished whatever you were doing." We then decided to take a picnic lunch to the park. My favorite part of lunch was the ginormous dog that visited us and didn't have an owner with it. It was so nice to visit with my dear friend. #3- A hike up Ensign Peak with Brett, Kerri, and Kerri's friend Adam. It was lovely. The day was so nice compared to the last few weeks. It's pretty cool to be able to see the whole valley. #4- A three mile run. Kerri said to me yesterday, "I craved running for the first time in my life!" It's weird but true we love our runs something I thought I'd never say. I still hate the first mile but once I get going I do enjoy myself. #5- Dinner with Preston at EDO's in the mall. It is Japanese food and was quite delicious. #6- Warm chocolate chip cookies with ice cream while we watched the American Idol Finale. I'm not so into watching American Idol but it became a social thing and I guess I enjoy the social part of getting with friends to watch it and talk about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment