Labels

May 27, 2011

The Y






Today I'm thankful for: #1- That funerals can be the celebration of a life instead of despair in the lose of a loved one. Elder Barker passed away on Sunday and his funeral was this morning. I sat through the funeral amazed at the love that filled the chapel. I also thought, "This is what life is all about!" It is about living a good life and sharing it with a loving family. When all is said and done family is what life is about. What more do you have when you pass away but your family. It really doesn't matter what you did professionally or what church callings you held. What matters is the influence you've had on your family and the knowledge that they will be yours forever. Family brings us a fullness of joy. You can't have that fullness without a spouse and children. - I believe this and because I believe this I'll keep the desire to marry and raise a family in my heart always. #2 - The Owens who took Elder Blanchard, Elder Thayne, and myself out to lunch after the service. It was nice to visit with them. #3 - Hiking Y Mountain. This was a first for me and was on my list of things to do to celebrate being 30 this year. It was lovely. Kerri and I bought new shirts at the bookstore before we made the ascent. You've got to wear blue if you hike the Y right? This made me want to head to a football game. I'll enjoy every day of summer but I'll love it when September gets here and the boys take the field. #4- Graham canyon ice cream. After our hike we headed to the BYU creamery to enjoy some goodness in a cone. Kerri introduced me to this wonderful ice cream and you can't help but get some when we're in Provo. I got a little raspberries and graham on top. It was pretty great. #5- A fire and somewhat of a campout. We met at Tricia's parent's house and started a fire between sprinkling rain. We were out long enough to stink like a fire. Then we crashed on the basement floor - I think I may be too old for sleep overs on the floor. 



1 comment:

  1. I heart the Y and graham canyon ice cream and you so so so much! :)

    ReplyDelete