Labels
May 29, 2011
Sunday Evening with No Work in the Morning
Today I'm thankful for: #1- Teaching Sunday School for the 3rd week in a row. I enjoy teaching Sunday school. For one reason the hour goes by so much faster when I'm in front of the class instead of in a seat. Today one of the things we discussed was the raising of Lazarus from the dead. I pulled out Jesus the Christ this morning and found the information about this time in the Savior's life very interesting. One of the things I learned was that Jews believed that the spirit stayed close to the body for three days after death. After three days they believed it finally departed to Heaven. This is significant because The Savior raised Lazarus on the 4th day after his death. This made the miracle even bigger because that meant the people believed that his spirit was really gone. We then discussed how this applies to our lives and how The Savior can raise us from a spiritual death if we let Him. #2- Another dinner at Tricia's family's. I know I list this every time I go but it really is a highlight of my Sunday when I join her. Tricia's family is wonderful and I'm so thankful they make me feel right at home when I visit. #3- Tricia bought this mattress for guests to sleep on. We blew it up for Kerri to spend the night and all of us enjoyed it as we watched a movie to end our Sunday. Quite comfortable. I think the best part was staying up a little later than usual because none of us had to work in the morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment