Labels

May 3, 2011

To the Movies


Today I'm thankful for: #1- The yummy chocolate chip cookie I ate for breakfast. Tricia bought me a cookie from Paradise Bakery a couple of days ago and I saw it on my shelf in the fridge this morning and I grabbed it for breakfast. Not the breakfast of champions that I should be eating but I sure enjoyed it! #2 - Yummy Indian food. Debbie and I went out to eat before the movie started and I was very excited to eat some Naan. You can't eat Indian food without Naan and I tried a delicious new chicken curry dish and I can't wait to eat my left overs tomorrow for lunch. #3 - A movie with my lovely friend Debbie. Debbie and I have been meaning to get together for months. We plan something and then something comes up. We decided that we had to make it happen because Debbie will have a new baby in a week and then her life will be really busy. Debbie and I love BBC shows so when a new version of Jane Eyre was released we knew we'd need to see it together. It was very enjoyable if you are a fan of the story of Jane Eyre. Jane Eyre is slightly tragic which I sorta like. - I know I'm weird but I like tragic as long as it ends happily. I did feel like I'd want one more scene of happy before it was over but I'll take it anyway. The funniest thing was when it was over Debbie and I turned to each other and began talking about what we thought about the show - how it compared to the book and to the other Jane Eyre shows we've watched. After two minutes we stopped look around at the theater and started to laugh. First of all the theater was that full maybe 30 people and there were only two men there. When it ended the parties with men quickly left but the remainder groups of people where doing just what Deb and I were doing. Discussing the differences and similarities to the other versions. It was like being in a movie club. So great and we all continued to talk until the credits were finished scrolling. Loved it! Perfect way to end the evening. 

1 comment:

  1. I love Jane Eyre--one of my favorite books. I cry every time I read it. How was the movie version you watched?

    ReplyDelete