Labels

May 7, 2011

Race for the Cure




Today I’m thankful: #1 – That no one I am really close to has suffered from breast cancer and at the same time I’m thankful for the opportunity to help raise money to find a cure. This was quite the experience. Kerri, Heather, Brett, and I hopped into Tricia’s mom’s van with Tricia, her mom, and her sister Paige. It was a lot of fun to be with a big group headed to the race. While I’m only a novice runner I’m really beginning to love a race. This race was inspiring. With all the signs of people who have survived cancer, people who were running in honor of someone who has had cancer. There were several times that my eyes teared up. It’s fun to be a part of something good. Plus, I ran the 5K in 33 minutes. Not too bad and I’m pretty happy with that time. I need to work on cutting a few minutes off that over the next couple of weeks if I want to better my last ½ marathon time. #2 – Visiting with friends. After the race Liz, Ruffin, the girls, and I headed north to Idaho. Marianna leaves on her mission on Wednesday. She is speaking in sacrament meeting tomorrow so we wanted to be there to say goodbye. When we got to Idaho Falls we stopped and visited with Nikkie and Tommy. I dearly love thes e friends and it was so nice to see them. We didn’t have long to visit we needed to get to a party and they were headed to see Nikkie’s family. We then spent the evening the St. Anthony bowling alley celebrating Jed’s thirtieth birthday. Happy birthday cousin! I sure do love being your age and being old with you. I love spending time with my family. Liz, Marianna, and I had a great time bowling. We aren't very good but what matters is we have fun right? #3- A love of playing games with family. After we got to mom's house Liz, Mom, and I decided to go out to Marianna's and play a couple of games. We left Ruffin to put Lucie down and the other girls were at Sam and Mary's house having a sleep over. Halfway through playing the game Liz got a phone call from Emme. She was missing her Mommy and was ready for the sleep over to end. Such a sweet little thing. She'll have plenty of time for sleep overs.

1 comment:

  1. The race was so so fun! Can't wait until next year!

    ReplyDelete