Today I'm thankful for: #1- One of the best days of teaching I've had. Exhausting but wonderful. Raegan and I lived through the reading assembly. The kids seemed to be really excited about it and I was excited that it was over. I ended up doing one of the challenges because Annette's back is out and she couldn't bend over. Let's just say I look really funny with pantyhose pulled over my face but I won the challenge. Then we had our buddy party. My kids planned the party and decided to do brown bag skits. They were excited about it and even though I think it was a little dumb they all seemed to be having the best of time. Guess there's something to having kids plan activities that they find fun. Then we ended the party by eating pizza and snacks while we watched the slideshow my kids had made for the third graders. The third graders loved hearing what their 6th grade buddies had to say about them. The 3rd graders gave my kids piggy banks to start to save for their college education. They were adorable because they had painted them and they screamed kid done. This was a fun day because I got to witness what had happened between Raegan and I's classes. It was fun to see my 6th graders make the 3rd graders feel so special and be good examples. And the 3rd graders look up to the 6th graders and try to be more like them. Raegan and I had no idea the great character teaching that would go on as we did an activity about once a month. This is what makes teaching fun! #2 - Knowing that I don't have to go back to work for 3 weeks! I'm always so happy to track off. I need a break. #3- My sister Liz. Today was her birthday and I was so excited to tell her that we're off to New York to see some shows on Broadway to celebrate. She is such a good friend and I love her dearly. I'm so lucky to have a sister. Can't imagine my life without her! #4- Yoga with friends. We had gotten together to watch some shows and made dinner. Around 10 I decided that I'd really like to do some yoga. My hips and back were hurting and I knew yoga would help put them back where they belonged. It felt wonderful and I decided I've got to do more of it. It was a little hard to concentrate because we were laughing at how ridiculous we all looked.
No comments:
Post a Comment