Labels

February 6, 2011

Debbie


Today I'm thankful for: #1 -Sunday mornings when I get to sleep in. I know this won't always be available to me so I enjoy it as long as it lasts. #2 - The brakes on my car. Today the car in front of me stopped suddenly and I was very thankful that they worked well. #3 -My friend Debbie. Debbie and I were roommates at college the semester we both returned from our missions. She from Uruguay and I from Pennsylvania. We became instant friends as we relied upon each other as we continued to adjust back into everyday life. We needed each other even though we'd both been home for several months. We discovered that we had entered the MTC on the same date in Feb. She would stay for a couple months to learn Spanish and I stayed only two and a half weeks. Our paths didn't really cross then but interesting that we would be brought together as roommates later. I needed a friend who understood who understood me and Debbie was perfect because she was feeling the same things. Since this time Debbie has married and has two beautiful children with another one on the way in May. Her oldest daughter is named Olivia and I feel like a pretty lucky friend. Debbie and I have had a lot of fun together. I love her and I love her family. It is always a treat to spend time with her in her home. Today we decided to get together and eat Sunday dinner. We have made several plans to get together the last few months and something always comes up. So we decided we had to fit it in this week and Sunday afternoon worked. Debbie said something to the effect that she's really glad BYU wasn't playing in the Super Bowl because then I couldn't have come to dinner. And it's true I'm a bit preoccupied enjoying BYU sports but I enjoy it with friends so I won't feel to bad about my hobby. Today Debbie and I had a great time as usual. Laughing until it hurt and catching up on life. Debbie I love you! Thanks for letting me take a picture with you! For the delicious dinner and for being such a wonderful friend.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the super bowl comment Debbie and love Debbie! She doesn't even look pregnant!

    ReplyDelete