Labels

February 18, 2011

Modern Medicine



Today I'm thankful for: #1 - The end of a long work week and that I survived. Really it's never a surprise that I'll make it through but it can be a bit stressful and I often come down with something. I'm always so relieved when it's over and I can focus on other things. This week I'm really happy that I didn't get sick. #2 - Tylenol. By lunch time today I had a head ache. I think it had a lot to do with having very little to eat this morning. So during my lunch break I headed to the office to get some extra strength Tylenol. I don't take a lot of medicine. I have a pretty high pain tolerance but with several parent teacher conferences after school I knew I'd need something to help me through. I'm so thankful that when I'm really not feeling well there is medicine that can help me to function and that helps my body recover. On a side note when we got back from lunch I told my students that they had to get quiet and listen because I had a headache and couldn't talk very loud. What was amazing to me was the fact that Friday afternoons are usually so loud and hectic. As soon as I told my students my head hurt they got to work with the Friday routine and did it quieter than they ever have done before. I never realize how much my kids care for me until I'm sick and then they take care of me by doing what they know they should be doing without me reminding them. #3 -A fun night with friends. Tricia, Preston, and I got takeout from Chili's for dinner. Tricia and I both had gift cards there that we wanted to use. We went and picked up our food and drove straight home because we were starving. You can imagine our dismay when we discovered that it wasn't our order. We called the restaurant had them remake our food and went and picked it up again. They did give us a free dessert and a couple of 5 dollar coupons. Still a pretty big hassle for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment