Labels

February 23, 2011

Good Friends and Yet Again More Basketball


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - My friend Raegan who is willing to do fun projects like this musical with me. She's put so much work gathering things for props and thinking everything through - she's pretty wonderful like that. I get to just go along with it and have fun. Pretty sure I've got the better end of the deal. #2 - My 6th grade team who are pretty great. They support me and encourage me - maybe not in a lot of words but I know they're always there for me. Today I missed 1/2 of a meeting because we were practicing for our musical. They could have been annoyed that I wasn't pulling my weight but they are patient with me. They are great to work with and I'm a better person and teacher because of them. Annette - I hope you read this post and that you know just how much I love ya and how happy I am that I get to work with you. And I love Darlene and Gregg too but I know they don't read this so I need to write them a note. #3 -A wonderful principal that for some reason has confidence in me even when I don't have very much in myself. Because he does his job so well I'm able to enjoy mine. #4 -A quick parent e-mail that said, "We appreciate having you as our son's teacher!" I needed that message today. #5 -Fun at another BYU game with good friends. Heather, Kerri, and I drove to Provo together, enjoyed dinner at the Pita Pit, and enjoyed watching BYU beat CSU 84 -78. I was going to say it was a great game but I really could've done without the officiating so I'll say I enjoyed watching them win. I'm caught up in the craze of their winning season and I'm loving every minute of it! #6 -Tricia who let me unload my day on her. Thanks once again friend for listening. What would I do without you?? #7 -Roommate prayer. This week Haley, Tricia, and I dedicated ourselves to having roommate prayer together. I'm grateful for their faith and for the blessing it is for me to have their examples in my life as well as the opportunity each night to kneel down with those I live with and petition my Father in Heaven to bless those in our lives that we are concerned about. It also is such a comforting feeling when someone prays for you specifically. It let's you know they care and that Heavenly Father cares too. It strengthens my resolve to do better, to be better, to increase my hope and faith, and to find ways to bless the lives of those around me as they are blessing mine! It's true I have A LOT to be grateful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment