Labels

February 3, 2011

Eggs


Today I'm thankful for: #1 -Compliments. A couple of people told me I looked nice today (which you wouldn't know by the picture because by the time I took it I was busy making a mess baking.) Anyway! I'm thankful for nice people who are genuine and make me feel good when I'm around them. Makes me realize that I need to be more complimentary of others. I often think compliments but don't share them near often enough! #2 -Talking to Gracee and Emme on the phone today. They both sang me a song and laughed and giggled. I thought oh! how I miss them! But I'm glad that I can talk to them and tell them I love them often. #3 -Fresh eggs. I think I wrote last week that my friend Kris gave me a dozen fresh eggs from her chickens. Tonight, even though I had a long list of other things I should have been doing, I decided to make some Angel Food Cake from scratch. I'm really hoping that the cakes taste good. I'm excited to share some with Kris and a few other friends. I'm going to work on perfecting my Angel food cake skills so that I can make my Grandpa Oldham one the next time I'm home. Apparently my Grandma Oldham was a master at making an Angel food cake. However, she started making them she did it without electric mixers and in a wood burning stove. The bottom line is I'll never quite make it to that standard but I can try. I dearly want to be more like both my grandmas. So really that's what these fresh eggs are all about. Being more like the women that I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment