Labels
February 26, 2011
Late Night
Today I'm thankful for: #1 -The blessings of attending the temple. Usually I get to the temple before Saturday but this week was so busy that I didn't get there until this morning. As I left this morning I was so happy in my heart. I was filled with the peace that I know the gospel is true, that this life is all about returning to live with our Father in Heaven again. That Jesus Christ is our Savior and because of His Atonement it is possible for me to make it back. This life is a journey that is filled with a lot of challenges but with the challenges there is a whole lot of joy and beauty. Our lives here on earth are meant to be rewarding and enjoyed. #2 -Quade who once again let me join him for an afternoon of watching BYU basketball at his house. BYU is still ranked #7 in the nation. San Diego is ranked a couple of spots above them. This was a huge game because it was two top 10 teams playing against each other. I was a little worried that our boys wouldn't pull it off because they were playing at San Diego. But there was never a need to worry. They played great and were in control the whole game. It was such a fun game to watch as they won 80 - 67. I'm a little sad that the fun will be all over in just a few weeks. It's probably a really good thing though - the weather is getting warmer and I should be outside doing other things besides inside watching sports. #3 -A quick visit to Michelle to meet her new little addition. She is a beautiful baby. #4 -Stake Conference. Tonight I was reminded of a meeting I attended in Rock Springs when I was overcome with emotion and the reality that meeting together to hear the words of Christ strengthens us. I remember resolving on that day to never turn up an opportunity to gather with the Saints. Tonight as I gathered at this adult session of our stake conference I thought of what a blessing it is to be blessed by hearing the words and testimonies of others. I am so thankful for the speakers and for their words that help me to know what I need to be working on doing better in my life. #4 -Preston and Tricia again we watched a couple of shows and went to one of their soccer games in between. This is a horrible picture because it's really late or really early depending on how you want to look at it. I don't think it's a good idea to publicly admit just how late it was. I'm not grateful we stayed up so late but I am grateful that I have good friends that make staying up so late lots of fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Whoa! who's the guy in the middle? :)
ReplyDelete