Labels
February 27, 2011
Sunday
Today I'm thankful for: #1 -Stake Conference. We had another great meeting today and again I was strengthened by those who were called to speak to us. The mission president and his wife spoke and it made me think of my own mission and mission president. One thing from today that impressed me was the idea that the oil in our lamps is not filled by big extraordinary things. I've always known this but it is good to be reminded that oil is added drop by drop from the little ordinary things that we do as we live day to day. #2 - A Sunday afternoon nap. I love a nap on Sunday! Too bad I don't have early church cause I'd take one every week. Maybe that's a good thing. I didn't sleep too long today because I invited several friends over to share lasagna with Tricia and I. #3 - Sunday dinner with friends. Becca, Brett, Kyle, and Kerri all came over and we had a lovely dinner. I was happy no one had other plans. #4 - A musical fireside. Our ward has been working on a musical program called "From Cummorah's Hill". It was really good and I enjoyed those in my ward that have talent and are willing to share it with me. #5 - The rest of a Sunday evening to catch up on my blog as well as enjoy some quiet time. I also love the feeling that I don't have to go to work tomorrow! So great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment