Labels
February 24, 2011
A Musical
Today I'm thankful for: #1 Amazing students. The day to perform our play finally arrived and it went better than I ever dreamed it would. As soon as school started Raegan came into my room and said "Wolf is sick. He won't be here." A big problem here was the boy who had this part also sang a solo in one of the songs. I appealed to my students by saying we have an emergency. One of my little boys said, "I'll do it!" This is a boy who I wouldn't have guessed would have volunteered. He had the two speaking scenes memorized and the solo verse ready to sing in 30 minutes just in time for showtime. You would never have known that this wasn't his part the whole time. We invited all of the school to watch the play but made it clear that it was optional. Every grade came from kindergarten to 6th grade. I was so proud of our kids singing and performing in front of a packed gym. They really did such a wonderful job. It was so fun to have them share their talents with the whole school. My picture for today is one with Raegan and I with our classes. Since I can't post that one I'm posting another one. #2 -Raegan. I really am so lucky to have such a great friend to do such fun projects with. I told a parent that we're really being selfish when we do these projects because we have so much fun working together. There is a whole lot of truth to that. We do it for the kids but we also do it because things like this are one of the reasons we love our jobs so much. #3 -An evening to get a few things done. Tonight I came home and made muffins while I imported today's performance onto the computer so we could have a party the next day and watch it with the kids. I had a horrible time getting it imported which meant I got to bed much later than I should have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment