Labels

February 25, 2011

Science Fair



Today I'm thankful for: #1 -Realization of what yesterday's performance really meant to my students. As we started our party Raegan and I complimented them on all their hard work and how well they they did. Then we asked them to share their thoughts about the project and what they learned. I was delighted to hear most of them say how they were so nervous in the beginning or how they thought it wasn't going to be fun but then in the end they learned that even though it was scary it was worth it because they had so much fun. They also said that they were nervous about performing in front of the school but after it was done they got a lot of compliments at recess and one little boy even said that another child saw him and exclaimed - "I want to be you!" I thought this is why we did all this work. This is what makes putting on a big performance worth a lot! Their confidence was increased, they learned that it's OK to try hard things and that when something is difficult it makes the end so much more rewarding. This is a great life lesson that I hope they continue to build upon. #2 - When I finally got home from work today I was so hungry. Tricia and I decided to grab a pizza. She also cooked some cabbage and it was a delicious dinner. I'm grateful for yummy food. #3 - Being able to go to the district science fair to see some of my student's projects. I had four girls who participated and three of those four qualified for the state science fair that will be held at BYU later in March. These girls were so excited and it was fun to see them. I was glad I'd gone to take pictures of them with their boards. I took a picture with the three who'd won. They had really cute ribbons and had them proudly pinned on. (Again- I can't post this picture so a picture of my yummy dinner will have to do.) #4 -Tricia made me cookies. When I got home Preston was over and we played a little Super Mario Brothers. Kerri and Kyle joined us for a little while. I mentioned that I'd really like a chocolate chip cookie and before I knew it Tricia was busy in the kitchen making a batch. How sweet is she? Yep! I've got a pretty great life, only because of the wonderful people in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment