Labels
March 30, 2011
Bed Time Story
Today I'm thankful for: #1 -Kris the librarian at the school. She is quite possibly the sweetest person I've ever met. She brings me farm fresh eggs, compliments me on my cute jackets, and best of all reads cute stories to me class of 12 year olds. Don't be fooled into thinking 12 year olds are too big for story time. They're not. They love it. Quite frankly, I love a good story and best of all love a good story teller. Today, Kris read a story about two girls, their great aunt who has a lot of hats, and crab cakes. The best part of this is Kris has gathered 8 different hats that match those in the story. They were all placed in cute boxes with ribbons. She gave the boxes to random kids and they got to open the box during the story and wear the hat the rest of the story. Again - don't be fooled into thinking my kids thought this was dumb. I had boys and girls both very proudly wearing hats. I ran and got my camera and took the kids pictures for our class slideshow at the end of the year. I'm thankful for Kris who makes library time not just enjoyable for me but a time my kids look forward to EVERY week. #2 Michelle who had me over for dinner. It was delicious and I must say I've missed seeing her the last few months. We've both been busy. It's time to make more time for each other! I love her and love her sweet family. #3 - Reading a bed time story to three sweet children. Michelle's kids love books and I love that they'll let me read them a bed time story. We cuddled up on the couch and enjoyed two great books. Our favorite "Pout Pout Fish" is always one they find for me to read. What a lovely day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love it! they love your stories!
ReplyDelete