Labels

March 29, 2011

I'd Forgotten


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - A principal who was willing to help me with a little hands on science. I've been teaching my unit on sound and I have to teach the Doppler Effect. So the kids and I trekked outside to the main road and I had the principal drive by honking his horn so they could hear how the pitch of an object changes as it passes. In physics my senior year of high school Mr. Foster had Jed do this for our class and it is a lesson I've never forgotten. I'm hoping it made an impression on my kids. #2 - A wonderful parent volunteer who comes in every Tuesday morning to help me out. It doesn't matter what I give her to do she does it with a smile and says, "Good give me the stuff you don't want to do." Today she's my hero and I want to be more like her. She graded a bunch of essay tests that I just can't get to. #3 - My rollerblades. I bought these beauties almost 5 years ago after my first year of teaching. I used them a ton that summer roller blading around the green belt with Tommy and Nikkie. I haven't used them much sense then. After our long run on Saturday I thought I should roller blade a couple of times a week. So tonight after I got home from the temple, I strapped them on and remembered how much I enjoy them. I had forgotten how much fun I have roller blading. I'll be using them more. I didn't go as long as I'd have liked it was later than I like to be out on the trail alone. I also forgot that roller blading definitely uses different muscles than running. I hope I don't suffer tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment