Labels

March 2, 2011

Kara and Maurianne


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - The opportunity to substitute. I don't love working while I'm off track but for a little extra cash it's worth it. Today I substituted for Gregg another 6th grade teacher at my school. It went better than I expected it would. It's nice to be at my own school because the kids already know me and behave - which is a very nice thing. #2 -Dinner with Kara and Maurianne. Maurianne took the picture and said, "I did my best." I liked it immediately. I kinda like that I'm half cut out. Not because I was having a bad hair day, which I really wasn't but because my two really good friends made it fully in. I love these two girls and am so happy I moved to Utah so we could become friends. Life is busy and we don't get to do a whole lot often but that only makes the time we do get to spend together all that more enjoyable. I always enjoy myself when we get together. #3 -A brownie hot fudge sundae. After dinner Maurianne and I headed over to the Marriott Center to watch a much anticipated basketball game. I won't repeat any particulars other than it was a pretty painful game to watch. In the end BYU lost by 18 points. The good news is basketball isn't what life is all about. No sport is. Don't get me wrong it's a lot of fun. I love going to the game and watching it with friends. It's fun and it's exciting but it's not what life is all about. Life is about the journey we're all enjoying here on Earth and most importantly life is about making it back to live with our Heavenly Father. All made possible because of our Savior Jesus Christ and His Atonement. This knowledge keeps everything in perspective. Even so- as we left the game in a state of disbelief. We decided that we'd drown our sorrows with ice cream. We had a great time at the Creamery on 9th visiting and a brownie sundae never tasted better. I realize that you shouldn't be an emotional eater but I tell you what that sundae did wonders. It really did make me feel a lot better and I drove home with a big smile on my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment