Labels

March 28, 2011

A Project


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - Tomorrow being a brand new day. Today I'm having one of those - I'm not quite sure how to explain it days. It's not a bad day but nothing has really made it that great either it's just been a day. This is ok and reminds me of a couple of quotes I loved on my mission. First from President Boyd K. Packer, "It was meant to be that life would be a challenge. To suffer some anxiety, some depression, some disappointment, even some failure is normal. Teach our members that if they have a good miserable day once in a while, or several in a row, to stand steady and face them. Things will straighten out. There is great purpose in our struggle in life." Today was a "good miserable day" but I like this quote because it reminds me that it's ok to experience one of these days every now and then. And it's true that the tomorrow after one of these days is always so much more enjoyable. The next quote from Jenkins Lloyd Jones is an all time favorite, "Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. Life is like an old time rail journey... delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." In part this is the purpose of this blog in 2011. It is to help me to thank the Lord for the beautiful ride I have been given. I guess I just feel that today had a lot of dust - I'm sure tomorrow I'll get a glimpse of the beauty out the window. #2 - The two parent volunteers that spent an hour in my classroom teaching "Art through the ages". It gave me a chance to get a few things done. It's never enough but all take an extra time I can get. #3 - This project that I've been working on for my grandpa. It is going to be so much fun to give to him. I've got to dedicate a whole evening to it because his birthday will be here before I know it and I still need to get it sent to the printers. I love technology because you can create some pretty cool stuff with it. I can't wait to give it to grandpa!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the quotes! It's what I needed to hear today. By the way, we need to hang out soon.

    ReplyDelete