Labels
January 12, 2011
Birthdays
Today I'm thankful for: #1 -The Cougar Fight song. Each morning we have announcements at 8:45 in the morning. They begin with a random song and then the student council representative comes on with the lunch choice and the pledge. My school is also located in a place that our student body is split 1/2 and 1/2 as BYU and Utah fans. This morning when I was in the office I suggested that we needed a little BYU fight to celebrate the win last night. The school secretary said she wasn't in charge and I told her to go ahead and pass it along to the principal. It doesn't hurt that he's a BYU fan himself. When 8:45 rolled around I wasn't disappointed and the majority of my class enjoyed rising and shouting with me. #2 -The Jordan River Temple. I love that the temple is on my way home from work. I love that it is not out of my way and that going to a session is easily planned into my week. I love the peace that I feel inside the temple and the chance that it gives me to refocus. I also love the feeling that when life is tough there is always a safe place I can go and receive refuge from the storm. #3 -My friend Tiffany had a little birthday party and it was fun to see her and catch up. I blew up a whole bag of balloons to help decorate. Tiffany tried to get Maurianne and I to sing a little karaoke. I politely declined - I'm not much of a singer you know especially around people I don't know even if the birthday girl is requesting it. Always fun to get together and celebrate someone on their big day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Only in Utah would they play that over the intercom, love it!
ReplyDelete