Labels
January 20, 2011
Grading...
Today I'm thankful for... #1 - New name tags on my student's desks. To begin my first ever teaching job I bought expensive name tags, had a friend write everyone's name in cute print, and had them laminated. They lasted about 2 months. I was not very happy. After that I made a decision. I would never spend my time, effort, and money on something so meaningless as name tags. However, kids do need name tags on their desks so I decided that my students could make their own. It is one of the first things we do on the first day of school. And I LOVE what the kids come up with. When we returned from Christmas I noticed that some name tags were missing and others were looking pretty ragged. So I had my class make new ones and all of them did a better job than they did at the start of the year. We got them on their desks today and as I left my classroom I scanned the room and the new, perfect looking name tags made me happy. So I'm thankful for them today. #2 -That Tricia made me dinner! It was so yummy and even better that I didn't have to eat the exact same thing for 5 meals in a row. It can't be said enough that I live with WONDERFUL girls. #3 -I finally got a stack of papers graded. I've had half of it graded for a few days but it's been a struggle to get the constructed response part graded. I'm thankful that I finally had a couple hours to sit down and get it done tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment