Labels
January 11, 2011
Good Friends and Basketball
Today I'm thankful for: #1 -Oreo cookies and more particular a wonderful roommate who stopped at the store last night at 10:45 and picked three packages up for me to use in science class today. Thank you Tricia for being so wonderful from both me and my students. I had my students use Oreo cookies to demonstrate the phases of the moon today. They had to list all the phases and then I gave them each 4 cookies and the made the 8 phases. I told them if they did it correctly I'd let them eat the cookies. They quickly asked what if they didn't get it right. I told them I'd throw them away. (Of course I would have let them eat the cookies even if they made a mistake! But it's fun to get a reaction out of them.) They had fun, it was a good review, and we all enjoyed Oreos. I saved mine for this evening so I could eat them with some milk. #2 -A visit with a good friend. Thanks Raegan for being not only a great colleague but a wonderful personal friend. Enjoy your time off track but know I'll be happy when you're back at work with me. #3 - Food storage and friends to share it with. Tonight BYU played Utah so I invited Jake and Preston to come and watch it with me. It so happened that the game was right at dinner time. My invitation to watch the game was a little last minute and I was hungry so I looked on my silver shelves to see what my options were. I decided to toss some cans of beans in a pot and made a ridiculously big quantity of taco soup. It was perfect on this very cold winter day - I think the high today was 10 degrees. We enjoyed watching the game and being amazed once again by the shots that Jimmer throws up. What a fun season to be a Cougar fan!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment