Labels

January 30, 2011

Sunday


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - Testifying of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I enjoy the opportunity that I have to teach Sunday school. The thing I love most of all about it is it gives me the opportunity to testify to others about the things I know to be true. For example that I know Jesus is the Christ. That He loves each one of us and that because of Him we have the opportunity to return to live with Him and our Father in Heaven someday. I am so grateful that this gives my live a purpose and that I know that this live is so much more than the here and now. We really are on a journey to something more wonderful than I could ever imagine! #2 - The Prophet Joseph Smith. Today while I was busy updating this I put in The Joseph Smith movie that was made to be played at the Legacy theater in downtown Salt Lake City. I love this movie. It reminds me of the reality that the Lord restored His true gospel through an uneducated farm boy who grew into a great man. A man who endure many trials and hardships to ensure that the gospel was brought back to the earth in it's fullness never again to leave. I am in awe of the Prophet Joseph. Because of Him I have the precious gift of the gospel. I have the power of The Book of Mormon in my life which ultimately has brought me closer to my Savior and continues to bring me closer to my Savior. Great are my blessings because one man entered a grove of trees and knelt down to pray. #3 -A quiet Sunday evening that prepares me to deal with the storm that Monday will bring. I'm so thankful for the Sabbath day. For the quiet day that quiets my mind and soul so that I am prepared for the noise and routine of everyday life. I am grateful for this day of rest! I don't think I'd survive without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment