Labels
January 27, 2011
A Place to Sleep
Today I'm thankful for: #1 -The students I teach. I had recess duty today and four of my girls were visiting on our portable steps. I enjoyed listening to their conversation that centered on how much they love words, playing Scrabble, and dictionaries. They talked about how cool it'd be to spell "quizzical" on a triple word score. One student excitedly told everyone that her family got a new dictionary for Christmas and she got to open it. Then the conversation turned to how they each read the dictionary when they're bored. What's great is I'm sure they've each done this numerous times. Reading a dictionary has never tempted me - I can't imagine being that bored. So it's confirmed, I am not one of them but Oh! how I love them for being them! They are so fun to be around. I learn so much from them. #2 -Warmer weather. I enjoyed soaking in sunshine during recess and only had a light jacket on. The high of 20 that's projected for next week is NOT funny. I know earlier I said I was thankful for snow which I am I love a good snow but I do hate frigid snow. It can snow without it being SO cold. #3 -I stayed the night in Provo because the Utah Association for the Gifted and Talented held their annual conference there this year. I attended the parent session tonight and will attend the Friday session tomorrow. Kara was nice enough to let me stay with her. I'm thankful to have her as a dear friend, for enjoying the evening chatting with her, and for the warm bed for me to sleep in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment