Labels
July 2, 2011
Camping Art
Today I'm thankful for: #1 - tent sleeping. I love sleeping in a tent. I'm weird I know. I love the hard ground, the smell of camping, and waking up with a slightly cold nose and the rest of my body warm in the cocoon of my sleeping bag. #2 - No where to go and just enjoying time together. We had no other plans for today other than enjoying Warm River together. The "locals" came and went but my immediate family and Aunt Lexie's family enjoyed the day with one another, with nowhere to go but to just be at Warm River. We enjoyed ham and cheese quesadilla for lunch among a variety of other things that we pulled out of coolers. Annie and I talked about going for a run but that never happened and before we knew it it was way too hot. I pulled out some art supplies that I had brought and all the little kids loved painting with marbles and the new water colors where also a hit. I loved their little drawings. Liz and I decided to save them and scan them into the scrapbook we'll be making of this great family reunion. #3 Bug repellent. The mosquitoes were absolutely horrible! I hate them! I'm so glad we have something to use so at least I wasn't eaten alive but they still swarmed around us way too much. And when I say swarm I mean thousands of them all over. It was a toss up. Die in the sun from heat or in the shade from mosquitoes. At least we have bug repellent. What did the pioneers do? This is one of the many reasons I was born in the 20th century. I like to camp but I don't think I could have camped without OFF and a propane cook stove. #4- Dinner and fun around the fire. Lexie cooked a yummy dinner and we enjoyed a fun evening around the camp fire.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment