Labels
July 8, 2011
Grandpa Oldham
Today I'm thankful for: #1- The love I will always feel for my grandma Clark. This morning Liz and I met my mom at Aunt Shellie's house to pick a few more treasures of my grandma Clark's. Yesterday they finished going through what is left from Grandpa's house. While I'm happy for a few more keepsakes it all makes me miss grandma again. I'm pretty sure that even when I'm 80 they'll be days where I stop and think, "I miss my grandma today." I'm so thankful for love that'll always exist. And I'm thankful that I know that I'll see my grandma again someday. #2- A trip to the Storage unit and my mom willing to finish my quilt. We stopped at our storage unit in Rexburg and I found a quilt top that my mom is going to quilt for me. I'm pretty excited about it. More that she'll do all that work as well as me having a treasure she made. #3- Artco. We stopped at Artco and I bought a whole box of great stationary. I now have enough to give to my students to write thank you as well plenty for myself. #4- Pizza and the Carousel. It was about lunch time so we decided that we'd grab a couple of pizzas and eat them at the park while we rode the carousel a couple of times. #5- Stopping by to see my Grandpa who is just three years from living a century and still lives comfortably by himself. Liz, Emme, and I went over to grandpa Oldham's to say hello before we headed out of town. I can't believe my grandpa is 97 years old, still drives on occasion, and still lives by himself. It's always nice to see him. Although he is a tough one to make conversation with. #6- A quick visit with Nikkie. I convinced Emme to ride to Utah with me. We stopped at Nikkie's for a quick visit. I felt bad that I'd been in Idaho for a week and hadn't had more time to spend with her. I need to make a trip up just to see her sometime soon. I just love this dear friend of mine and visiting with her reminds me of how lucky I am to have her as my friend. We sat and talked and then when Tommy got home we went to Wendy's and grabbed some dinner before I needed to be on my way. #7- Getting sweet Emme home after she threw up in my car just outside of Blackfoot. Poor thing! We were just outside of Blackfoot and Emme said she wasn't feeling good. I was pulling off at a rest stop when she throw up. She got most of it in the bad I'd tossed to her but she also got it on the ipad and on her pants. She said, "I made your new car stink and got on the ipad." It about broke my heart. I assured her that I was more worried about how she was feeling than the car stinking and the ipad would be just fine to. We got everything cleaned up and then got on our way again. We stopped in Pocatello to get her a sprite and then I fixed her a comfy spot where she could sort of lay down. She was fast a sleep soon and I hurried home as fast as I could. As soon as I got her home she threw up again and I was happy she had her mom there to comfort her. When she say Liz she said, "I shouldn't have gone with Aunt Ollie, I should have gone with you!" It about broke my heart. When your sick nothing can replace your mom.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment