Labels

July 28, 2011

A Picnic in the Park


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - A good quick day at work. I can't believe the first week is almost over!

#2- After school Raegan and I headed to the store to grab some ice. She went over to the snow shack to buy us each a shaved ice while I bought several bags of ice. It was pretty hot day and I was so happy to have a cool treat. Especially since a shaved ice is my favorite summer treat.

#3 - Start of the year picnic. This was a great experience. I love meeting with the families of the students in my class. I love to visit with parents and put faces to names. I love see my students interact with one another. I love the chance to be somewhere in a less structured environment to get to know the families I'll be working with this year. It is the best thing that I do all year. The parents that come support me the rest of the year and it's worth the little work that it takes to put it all together. It was fun this year to have it with our buddy class and to have Raegan to help me with everything. Definitely the best one yet! When I got home I was exhausted. I sat down to unwind and watched a little T.V. and then headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment