Labels

July 25, 2011

Volunteering


Today I'm thankful for: #1- Service. This morning our household was up at 4 a.m. to go and serve others. Our ward was given two water stations to man at the Deseret News Marathon. We had stations at mile 5 and 7 which means we had to be at our station before the race starts at 5 so we're ready for the first runners. We had a great time. It sounds odd but it's a great way to spend an early holiday morning. 
#2 - Finally finished. Or at least finished enough. I went into work for a couple of hours and now everything is ready enough for students tomorrow. I should probably say it's as good as it needs to be. It's such a job to get ready for a new group of kids. 
#3- New school clothes and feeling pretty. On my way home I stopped at a couple of stores and miraculously found some things that I actually wanted to buy. Now I have some cute new clothes to wear the first few days of school. Then I headed to the mall to have a pedicure and manicure. I decided that this would be the perfect way to start a new school year. I love having my nails done. What is it about having your nails painted that makes you feel a little prettier and more like a girl. 
#4- A priesthood blessing. I asked Josh my home teacher to come over and give me a priesthood blessing for the start of the school year. I love priesthood blessings. I love the peace and comfort that enters my soul when hands are laid on my head. I love the power that fills my life with extra strength in areas that I'll need help in in the upcoming months. I'm so thankful for the priesthood power that blesses my life. 
#5- Finding. For home evening we went out to people in our ward and invited them to come to the ward picnic on Saturday. Only one person on Tricia and I's list was home but it was fun to be out finding where people live. 
#6- After home evening I should have come home and gone to bed but I hadn't seen professional fireworks the whole month of July so Tricia and I went downtown and watched several firework shows from the roof of Preston's building with him. It was fun because you could see the whole valley and see the ones being set off from the Bee's game, from Liberty Park, and a bunch of other private ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment