Today to I'm thankful for: #1- Church centered around the legacy of the pioneers. I love the 24th of July in Utah. I love to hear the stories of the early saints. It helps me to remember that I'm so blessed because of the sacrifices of others. I'm so thankful for them.
#2- A lovely dinner. Sundays are favorite days on so many levels and I'm starting to feel like Tricia's family are becoming my family too. It's nice to be with family on a Sunday even if they're an adopted family.
#3- Family histories. Each July 24th I try to read some of my own family histories. Sometime I read about my pioneer ancestors and sometimes I read about ancestors that I knew in my lifetime. Today I pulled out my grandma Clark's parents and their descendants family history book. This is something I don't do often because reading my grandma's words makes me cry and I miss her. I'm thankful she wrote about her life, her testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ, and her love for her family. I couldn't be who am I without having known her, felt her love, and her faith. I'm so thankful for who she was during this life and who she still helps me to become.
No comments:
Post a Comment