Labels
July 3, 2011
I LOVE this man!
Today I'm thankful for: #1 - Being Clean. We woke up and headed into town to get presentable for church. Sam and Mary were out of town and were nice enough to let us shower at their house. Us being Liz's family and myself. We met the rest of my family and went to church with my mom. I love camping but I love a good shower when I've been away from modern conveniences for a couple of days. #2 - My father's testimony. Today was fast Sunday and my dad stood and bore his testimony. One thing that stuck out in my mind was him saying how grateful he is for the mothers in his life. He named his own mom, my mom's mom, his mission president's wife, and lastly expressed gratitude for the mothers of his grandchildren. I thought that was sweet. My dad sure loves all those little ones and it warms my heart! And I'm thankful for their moms too. #3 - Grandpa Clark and his life experiences. I tell you what! I sure love this grandpa of mine. He is one of life's sweetest blessings for me. We were visiting about past stories and I had him tell me the story again of him presiding over a Sacrament meeting in Island Park when Joseph Fielding Smith was the visiting authority. He said it was back when they called seventy differently than they do know. (They used to call men and ordain them to an office of seventy and then they served in that capacity in their local stake. Now men are called as seventy and they go out and serve in various areas in the world.) Grandpa said they had known Joseph Fielding Smith would be their speaker and had tried to keep it quiet. But as it always is word got out and their were a lot of people in attendance. He was sitting next to Elder Smith and started to get nervous that passing the Sacrament to that many people would take up too much time and that he wouldn't have enough time to give the message he'd prepared. At this point Elder Smith leaned over and said, "Brother Clark, if all we get done today is administering the Sacrament we will have done the most important part." I've always liked this story and it's helped me to remember that renewing my covenants on Sunday at the Sacrament table is the most important thing I do all day or even all week. It is a blessing to reaffirm that I will stand as a witness of Christ no matter where I might be or whoever I might be with. #4 - Yummy campfire cooking. Uncle Frank cooked us up a delicious Sunday dinner. Mashed potatoes and roast ALways taste better to me in Idaho - call me crazy. #5 - Fun and games. A bunch of us played Bonanza which we'll have to pull out again when we're at someone's home and all the little children get tucked into bed. We had fun but there were way too many distractions. We also enjoyed a trip to feed the fish. Definately a must if you're camping at warm river. I think the fish have tripled in size since I was little and it's pretty cool to watch them jump out of the water. #6 - Cleaning up camp. Jonathan decided we were camping like pigs and started doing some cleaning. We weren't too happy with Uncle Frank and his 5 lbs of sixlets that I'm pretty sure we swept up a half a pound. Little round candy don't sweep up too well. Liz and I had fun cleaning with Jonathan. He makes us laugh. It feels so go to be home with family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment