Labels

July 13, 2011

Canker Sores


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - Lasting another day of Core Academy. I'm not loving this training. I'm not sure if it's really helping me to feel more prepared for the year. I guess we'll see how much I use what I'm learning. I just feel that they keep saying here's an activity but it's made for adults not kids. I'm just frustrated because I feel like why are we doing a bunch of things that you can't take back and use. I don't want to have to adapt everything. So I'm just glad another day is over. #2 - My mom who will listen to me complain. I have at least 6 horrible canker sores in my mouth. I started to get them several days ago and they usually don't last this long. They hurt so bad I don't want to eat and things really don't taste good. I'm ready for them to heal and I called my mom for some sympathy and of course she gave me exactly what I wanted. #3 Medicine. I also headed to Walgreens to pickup some medicine. Usually when I get a canker I can put an aspirin on them and they start to heal. No luck with these awful ones. So it was time to try every other nasty thing I've ever done to get rid of them. I bought buttermilk - I don't love the taste but I can drink it if I have to. At Walgreen's I bought some Gly-oxide. My mom used to put this stuff on my cankers when I was a little girl. I hated it. The taste was always so nasty. Yuck! Well - I'm glad to report that this stuff hasn't gotten better just because I'm older. It tasted just as I remembered it but by this time I was willing to try anything. Hopefully it'll help them to start to finally heal.

No comments:

Post a Comment