Labels

July 10, 2011

Just a Good Day


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - The blessing of studying and teaching about the Atonement. The lesson I taught today covered lessons about the Atonement. What I really enjoyed about this lesson was it began by discussing what we can learn about how to face trials by studying the Atonement. I had never thought about it this way. As a class we discuss 4 things - Prayer: The Savior counseled His apostles to pray so that they didn't enter into temptation. We need to pray to keep ourselves safe as well. - Submitting our wills to the Lord's will: It's important in life to remember and always strive to do the Lord's will. We discussed how the Lord knows all and because He knows all He can give us so much more than we ever dreamed. He knows our full potential and if we submit to His will we will reach that potential. "Watch" with me: When the Savior is in Gethsemane He asks Peter, James, and John to watch with him. Watch means to stay awake. We discussed how we need to be awake in the gospel but often we are found sleeping not so much literally but figuratively. We need to be awake and active in the gospel. Not sleeping floating through life. Lastly - The Lord sends us strength to meet our challenges: In the Garden of Gethsemane The Savior is visited by and angel who strengthens Him. In our lives when we submit to the Lord's will he send us strength in a variety of ways. This is a great comfort. The rest of the lesson we discussed why we need the Atonement. The first half was fascinating to me because I had never thought to think about how the story of the Atonement could strengthen me by following the Savior's example to pray, submit my will to the Lord's, watch, and have faith that the Lord will always strengthen me when I need it the most. #2 - Sunday dinner with my second family. Tricia, Kerri, and I drove down to Sunday dinner and I have to say that sometimes it's hard to be away from family right after you've spent so much time with the ones you love. I'm so thankful that Tricia's my roommate and allows me to be a part of her family dinners. It makes being separated from my family so much easier. #3 - A nice conversation with Jonathan on the phone. Funny that we just spent a week with each other but we still can talk for 40 minutes on the phone. #4 - The beautiful rainbow that painted the eastern sky after the rainstorm today. #5 - Kerri's help with a video project for Haley's wedding. We're having fun making it and it'll be fun to show Haley the finished project. #6 - Just a good day that makes me very happy at the end of it. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment