Labels

July 11, 2011

Our own little Home Evening


Today I'm thankful for: #1 - The chance to learn more about the math core I'll be implementing this next year. I will spend the next four days in class with other teachers doing math problems and discussing problems similar to ones I'll have my students do. The new core requires students to explain their thinking as well as draw models which is really exciting but is going to be a challenge. #2 - Homemade granola bars. Tricia's sister Paige told us about her friends blog and I decided to try these granola bars. They are delicious and I'm excited to try some other new recipes. #3 -Home evening by ourselves. Kerri, Tricia, and I drove downtown to meet our ward for Home Evening. We were supposed to hike Ensign Peak but when we got there we texted Brett and discovered since the weather didn't look good they had decided to stay at the church and do something else. Since we were already downtown we decided to visit Temple Square. We sat in front of the Christus and talked about our Sunday School lessons yesterday that were on the Atonement. We're also pretty excited because Kerri is moving in on Saturday. Haley moved out today and we'll miss her but we're excited for her to get married and excited to have Kerri as a new roommate. #4 - A visit to Preston. We ended our evening watching Harry Potter #5 at Preston's - I slept through most of it. But it was fun to hang out even if I didn't stay awake the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment