Labels
July 5, 2011
Watermelon and Pizza
Today I'm thankful for: #1- Breakfast. I love breakfast when I'm camping. This is probably due to the fact that we usually eat pancakes, muffins, bacon, eggs, hash browns. Who wouldn't love a breakfast like this? #2 - Packing up camp went quickly. This is probably my least favorite part about camping. I hate getting everything aired out and rolled up and crammed back into my car. I was happy it went quickly. #3 - I love eating watermelon while camping. It doesn't matter if it gets all over my face and I can spit the seeds on the ground. I also love that we put it in the river to make it nice and cold. We all enjoyed pieces of a nice cold watermelon. It's great to have to get rid of something delicious on the last day. #4 - Floating the River a few last times. I just love this mostly because it was the adults who wanted to float one more time - not the little kids. It's actually pretty hilarious because here are 6 adults talking little kids into floating when it is usually the other way around. It's all because it reminds us of our childhood. We love it because it reminds us of all those hot summer days we floated down the icy river. #4 - Pizza at 5-11 Main with a whole lot of family. I LOVE it! I love that my extended family loves to be together. Grandpa took us all for pizza we totaled about 20 and after being camping and in the cold river pizza tasted SO good. Sometimes like this I wish experiences could be bottled and I could open them up and enjoy them again when I need them in the future. I guess a picture will have to suffice. #5 - Washing my car. Knowing that there were crusty bugs on the bumper were killing me. Since I'd driven up at night I had so many nasty bugs on my car and with it being new it was driving me crazy. I was happy I could wash it at Uncle Frank's house. #6 - Cake, ice cream, and fireworks. Max's birthday was today and we enjoyed a little party out to Frank and Barbara's. Emme sat on my lab as we watched the fireworks and as each one went off she'd say, "Happy Birthday Max!" It was pretty cute. #7 - Staying up late playing games with Liz, Bethany, and Terry. We played one round of Farkle. Then it was getting late and even though we were having a wonderful time we decided that we better head to bed. Such a fun day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment