Labels

January 9, 2011

Technology


Today I'm thankful for: #1 -The gospel of Jesus Christ! I am thankful for Sundays and that they are a day of rest that I have the blessing of attending church and to listen and learn from others. Tricia gave a talk on service in Sacrament meeting and I'm grateful for her thoughts and her example. #2 -Sunday dinner. Tricia's parents came up to listen to her speak and brought Sunday dinner with them. They very kindly invited me to eat with them. There is something about Sunday dinner that always makes it taste so much more yummy than any other meal the rest of the week. I think it has a lot to do with being starving when I was little and how wonderful it was when we finally got to Grandma Clark's house and dinner was waiting for us. #3 -Technology. There was a C.E.S. fireside tonight and I was thankful we could sit and watch it on our couch. I'm grateful for the convenience that technology provides to my life. Elder Christofferson spoke and this evenings fireside on the topic of living day by day. I think I needed this gentle reminder that life is lived one day at a time. We need to do the best we can with each day and over time we will reach our potential and our goals. 

1 comment: